Netflix, one of the most popular streaming services nowadays, was founded in 1997, with its headquarters in Los Gatos, CA. Over the years, when internet connection was becoming faster and faster, the service skyrocketed. Today, the company has more than 11, 000 employees, over 150 million subscribers, as well as some of the best, world-acclaimed movies and TV shows.
About Netflix, netflix.com/tv8
Netflix is an online streaming platform that offers subscription-based content. There are two types of content available on Netflix: TV shows, movies, and documentaries filmed by Netflix - this type of content is referred to as “Netflix Original” - and content produced by third parties from all over the world. The selection is quite impressive: you’ll definitely find something that will catch your attention.
The service is available on a huge variety of devices: smartphones, tablets, and pretty much any other Android or iOS device, Smart TV, Windows PC, and gaming console. And in this article, we’ll guide you through the activation process on all those devices. Follow our step-by-step instructions, and activating Netflix on your favorite gadget/device will only take 5-10 minutes, max. Let’s get started!
How to Login
Before you lean back on your couch and watch your favorite TV show on Netflix, first, you must log into your account. There is nothing unusual about that - the procedure is the same as with 99% of platforms out there. With that said, here is a step-by-step guide to get you started. There are a few ways to log into a Netflix account:
- Go to the Netflix official website
- In the upper right corner, there is a red button – “Sign In’. Click on it
- Submit your email or phone number and the password that you used when creating the account
- Click ‘Sign In’ and let the system load everything up.
Also, you can use your Facebook account to log into your Netflix account. Here is what you need to do:
- Visit the Netflix official website
- Click on the red ‘Sign In’ button in the upper-right corner
- Now, instead of entering your email/phone number and password, choose the ‘Login with Facebook’ option
- You will be redirected to a new window where you must type in your Facebook account login credentials in the respective boxes.
And finally, you can log into your Netflix account via the Netflix app. Once you have downloaded and installed the app on your device, take the following steps to log in:
- Launch the app on your device
- Click the red ‘Sign In’ button
- Enter your login credentials, i.e. email/phone number and password
Make sure you get the right app for your device. Oh, don’t ever give away your Netflix.com/tv8 login credentials unless you want someone else to have access to your account!
Netflix Supported Device
Netflix is supported on a huge number of devices. That’s one of the reasons why it got so popular. Whether it’s an Android smartphone, an iPad, or a Windows PC, you can enjoy Netflix to the fullest. Tablets, phones, laptops, Smart TVs, X-Box, and PlayStation – the #1 streaming platform is available on it all. Practically any modern device that has a screen and an internet connection supports it.
Below, you’ll find a more detailed list of the supported devices and instructions on how to activate Netflix. There’s nothing difficult about it: even if you’re an inexperienced user, it will take just a few minutes. Do remember that the minimum internet connection speed is 0.5 Mbps. Ideally, it’s recommended to have a broadband speed from 5 to 25 Mbps. Make sure your internet connection meets these requirements.
How to Activate Netflix on my Smart TV
- Launch Google Play
- In the search bar, type Netflix to download and install this app on your Smart TV
- Start the Netflix app and log into your account. For that, you must submit your ID credentials.
- You will see an 8-digit activation code, it is also referred to as the com/tv8 code
- Type this code on the Netflix.com/tv8 or Netflix.com/activate page, and hit the ‘Activate’ button
- That’s how you activate Netflix on your Smart TV. Enjoy!
Get Netflix on Amazon Fire TV
- Go to the home screen and select Apps
- Search for the Netflix app and install it. Most likely, it’s already there
- Open your Netflix app once the installation is complete
- Now it is time to sign into that Netflix account using your ID details.
- If you’re having trouble with this part, read through our guidelines on logging into your Netflix account
- Alright, now you’re in. You can stream whatever TV show or movie you wish to your Fire TV.
Activate Netflix on Samsung TV
- On your Samsung Smart TV, open the Samsung Apps tap
- Select Videos in the Categories section
- Search for the Netflix App and click on it
- Make sure you have the latest version of the app
- Log into your Netflix account
- When you see the 8-digit activation code, go to Netflix.com/tv8 and use this code to activate your Samsung TV
- Congratulations, now you have Netflix on your Samsung TV. All that’s left to do here is pick a good movie.
How to Activate Netflix on my Apple TV
- First things first, you must download and install the Netflix app
- For that, go to the App Store
- Type in Netflix in the search bar and choose the ‘setup’ option
- After the installation is complete, the Netflix icon will appear on the home screen of your device
- Open the application and you’ll get a unique 8-digit code
- Now you can either go to Netflix.com/tv8 or scan the QR code you see on the screen
- Enter the 8-digit code in the provided field to complete the activation
- Next, log into your Netflix account using the username and password you came up with earlier.
- Having some difficulties with logging into the Netflix account? Go back to our instructions and follow them step by step.
- Once you do that, the entire Netflix catalog will become available to you.
Activate Netflix for Microsoft Windows Users
You can enjoy your favorite Netflix TV shows and movies on Windows. To do that, follow these steps:
- Go to the Store and search for Netflix
- Once you found the app, download and install it
- In the Start Menu, search for Netflix and launch the app
- Log into your Netflix account
- You will see an eight-digit code
- Go to Netflix.com/tv8 and enter that 8-digit code in the corresponding box
- Congrats! You just completed the activation.
Netflix TV on an Android Device
To activate Netflix on an Android device, you should:
- Go to the Google Play Store and type ‘Netflix’ in the search bar
- Download and install the Netflix app
- Launch the app on your Android device
- Enter your account information to log into the account
- On the screen of your Android device, a unique 8-digit code will pop up
- Go to Netflix.com/tv8 and enter this code to activate your device
- It usually only takes a second or two for the system to get this done.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much for a Netflix subscription?
There are 3 subscription plans available for you:
Basic: For 9.99 dollars a month, you’ll get the Basic plan. This plan allows you to watch SD (standard definition) videos on one single device at a time. That can be a Smartphone, a tablet, a PC, or even a gaming console.
Standard: This plan will cost you 15.49 per month. For the extra fee, the Standard plan introduces HD (high definition) video streaming on 2 different devices at a time. This way, both you and your significant other can watch Netflix on two separate devices, like a TV and a phone.
Premium: Finally, the ultimate plan can be yours for 19.99 per month. What’s so special about Premium that it costs twice as much as the Basic plan? With this subscription plan, you can enjoy 4K videos on up to 4 devices at a time. Only consider this tier if you have at least 4 Netflix fans in the house.
What is Netflix.com/tv8 code, anyway?
It is an eight-digit code that you use to activate Netflix on various devices. The Netflix.com/tv8 activate code applies to any device you own. It doesn’t have to be a specific one.